I decided in 2010 after a long career in the private sector for over 22 years, mainly in the hospitality and caring areas, that I needed a complete change in my life. I embarked upon a journey that has taken me along the path of helping therapies, where I first gained a diploma after 5 years of training and learning, in Therapeutic Counselling in 2014.
I volunteered as a bereavement support volunteer for Cruse Bereavement Services for over 5 years. As part of their extensive training, I gained the Awareness in Bereavement Care: Level 2 Foundation certificate. I offered support to those affected by the loss of a loved one. I was also a Supervisor for Cruse. This involved working closely with other volunteers, by offering phone support, group supervision and 1 – 1 support to help them manage their caseloads, ensuring that they were ok, and to ensure they were working ethically within the guidelines set by Cruse.
As part of my further training with Cruse, I attended the following courses;
Bereavement and Adults with Learning Disabilities.
Palliative Care Training
ASIST – Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
Supervision: Foundation Course
I decided to expand on my skills and training at the Clifton Practice in Bristol under the tutelage of David Newton. The Practice is a recognised Centre of Excellence for hypnotherapy where I trained as a Clinical Hypnotherapist and Psychotherapist - offering the Gold Standard in hypnotherapy training, where I gained my Diploma in Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (DSFH)
I am a registered member of the following associations;
- Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (AfSFH)
- Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- British Association for Counsellors & Psychotherapists (BACP)
- I adhere to the code of ethics of the organizations that I am a member and I will work ethically with you at all times as per the relevant organisation's code of practice.
- I have CPD (Continuing Professional Development) every year where I attend new courses and seminars so that I am always increasing my knowledge base and skills. You will be working with a therapist who uses the latest skills and techniques at all times.
- I have regular supervision, professional liability insurance, an up to date DBS certificate and ICO registered.